Form of the examination
In the academic year 2022-23, the final examination is in-person form and it consists of two parts: the test and the oral examination (the practical examination is cancelled and it is not a part of the final examination). The date for which the student has signed, is the date of the oral examination. The test takes place one day before.
Beginning: 8.00 a.m.
Location: Institute of Physiology, Practical room B
Students will obtain a sheet of paper with 10 questions, each from a different chapter of physiology. Students are expected to write short answers in a few points or sentences. Each question is scored with 0 - 4 points, i.e. maximal score for the test is 40 points. Minimum of 28 points is required to pass the test (70 %). The test lasts 30 minutes.
The teacher who evaluated the test, informs the student about the test result no later than at 12:00 in form of a message via MS Teams. Based on an agreement with the teacher, the students can be informed in more detail about their test, either in form of a MS Teams video call or a at a personal meeting at the Institute of Physiology during working hours. We ask students to sign the test form legibly in block letters and to state their university e-mail legibly, in order to avoid problems with communication of the test results.
Students who successfully passed the test will receive in the afternoon an invitation to the oral examination from their examiner via e-mail or a MS Teams message. The invitation will specify the room and time when the student is expected to come for the examination.
The student draws two questions. About 10 minutes are available for the student to prepare short notes, then the student presents the topic. The examiner asks additional questions.
When awarding the final mark of the physiology examination, the performance at the oral examination, as well as the test result and the student's marks obtained in the first and the second semester are taken into account.
- The students can proceed to the oral examination only if they passed the written test (i.e. obtained 28 points or more). Students who failed the test (scored less than 28 points) do not proceed to the oral examination, and their evaluation of this examination term is Fx. This applies to all the examination terms with exception of the last (second) term in students who transfer physiology examination into the 3rd year. These students are allowed to take the oral examination also in case if they fail in the written part (i.e. obtain less than 28 points).
- The students who failed the oral examination, but they passed the test do not need to repeat the test within the next examination date(s). They proceed directly to the oral examination.
- The students can proceed to the physiology examination only if they completed both courses of physiology and fulfilled the prerequisite, i.e. successfully passed the anatomy examination. Students who have not passed the anatomy examination or have not completed both courses of physiology will not be accepted for physiology examination and their examination date will be expired.
- The students are required to present their ISIC card at both the test and oral examination.
- A formal dress is required for the examination.
Manual for the students - How to log on and to enroll to the final examination
The manual can be accessed here
Questions for the final oral examination of physiology (valid from schoolyear 2018/19 onwards) to downolad
Syllabus for the final examination of physiology – General medicine:
The syllabus provides more details to the questions for the oral part of the final examination of physiology.