Teaching department of burns and reconstructive surgery
Department of Burns and Reconstructive Surgery is highly specialized medical center, which offers preventive and therapeutic care to adults and children as well. High quality medical care is focused on burns, wounds and defects of different origin, losses of soft tissues, decubitus and diabetic foot. Both, conservative and operative treatment is provided.
The department is devided into the two wards, intensive care unit and own operative block. An essential part of the department forms Central Tissue Bank, which ensures taking, elaboration and storage of tissues and cells for medical use in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
prof. MUDr. Ján Koller, CSc.
doc. MUDr. Peter Bukovčan, PhD.
MUDr. Nikola Ferančíková, PhD.
MUDr. Nina Šarközyová, PhD.
General medicine - 3. year and 5. yaer
Dentistry - 3. year, 4. year
General medicine - 6. year - before state exam in Surgery
- 3. year students start at 8:15 am
- 6. year students start at 7:00 am
Theoretical knowledge required:
skin anatomy and physiology, ethiology and classification of burns
scrub uniform and hospital shoes (outdoor shoes are NOT allowed)
Program of practicals:
- presence and examination of student´s knowledge
- conservative therapy of wounds and defects
- surgical therapy of deep burns
- skin grafting
- visit of intensive care unit
- patient examination and admission (6. year students)
Practicals will be enriched with e-learning.
For late comming or unprepared students a possibility to substitute will be offered in the end of semester. The date will be announced on this web site. It is required to register for substitution at least one day before.
- BURNS.pdfQUESTIONS FOR STATE EXAMINATION IN SURGERY8.8 M
- PRAKTICKE_NAVODY_PRE_DIAGNOSTIKU_A_LIECENIE_POPALENIN.pdf1.1 M
- OTAZKY_NA_STATNU_SKUSKU_Z_CHIRURGIE_2020-2021_ENG.docx19.4 K